Sunday, May 22, 2011

One Effective Way To Communicate With Your Ex


The other day I was jogging around my neighborhood when I caught a glimpse of a couple arguing. Of course, because I'm super nosey, I decided to jog just a tad bit slower. I noticed that they were arguing about how 'she doesn't allow him to get his words in' and about how 'he never listens to her.' It seemed to me that this couple could use a little advice because they were going at it.

I continued jogging, asking myself "how can two people communicate if they can't verbally? So I thought about a friend who once told me that no one ever writes to each other anymore. And no, he didn't mean typing up a letter. I mean, it's true, no one hand-writes letters anymore.

So I put it to the test. I got home and hand wrote two letters. I put a very simple message in both and mailed it out. My significant other called me immediately to tell me how much it meant to them to get a hand-written letter. The other person was my mother, who also called me up immediately and told me how incredibly sweet it was for her to get such a thoughtful 'gift'. The gift of words. The gift of giving your time to do something meaningful for another person.

A hand-written letter can change EVERYTHING! Someone in your life could be having a terrible day. They open their mailbox and see an unexpected letter from you. They open it and find an awesome message about how much you care for them. This will brighten up their day immensely. So now, how could this technique possibly help you fix your relationship with your ex?

For a long time you've been wanting to talk to your ex. You miss your ex terribly but every time you've seen each other you guys just fight, fight, fight. Maybe, because of the hurt and pain you both still feel, it is better to find a different way of communicating. Thus, here is where the wonderful pen and paper technique comes in.

Do not type a letter. Write it out with your own hand. Give yourself the opportunity to pour your heart, body, and mind into the paper. What you'll find is that you'll have a lot to say, and every word will be important. Now, this will also mean a whole lot to your ex because they will get a chance to actually communicate with you, without the arguments, and without the interruptions. This is such an incredible tool to use especially if verbal communication is not possible. A hand-written letter is not only unexpected, its also very appreciated.

If you're thinking, "how can a letter help me get my ex back when s/he doesn't like to read?" Well, to be honest, you can't force anyone to read anything. However, curiosity will set in and they'll want to read what you've sent them. Since no one really "writes" anymore, anyone would be curious to find out what hand-written message you have for them. You might even get a hand-written response! But the most important part of writing the letter is the satisfaction you'll get of getting your feelings out on paper and sending it off to the universe. It's a liberating feeling and one you should definitely try!  You'll transfer all of the pent up energy you have into a wonderful note and letting the universe work its magic. Give it a shot.

This technique is also one that T Dub Jacksons mentions in his incredible book The Magic Of Making Up. He shares his experiences and he's helped so many couples save their relationships. It's an easy read and one that I totally recommend if you're looking for solid advice on how to get your ex back.

1 comment:

  1. Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be clad you did

    ReplyDelete